In 1867 the retiree Mr Hermann Conrad Delius built the impressive and grand bourgeois villa on the Ravensberger Straße. The building itself was built as a replica of a villa in Hamburg which was built by another Delius. Hereafter, it was built a second time in Versmold, but in a somewhat reduced form. Hermann Conrad’s son Albrecht let set up a private observatory on the roof of the house and, hence, could indulge his hobby of astronomy. In 1955, he died unmarried and gave his fortune to a charity. In 1962 the Christian Youth Village took over the villa including its large landholdings and built numerous school and boarding facilities during the following years.
Shield No. 17
Ravensberger Straße 33