Due to the location of Hesselteich, which is at the outer circles of the city, Hesselteich’s community asked for an own graveyard for several times. However, only after the Second World War the project was finally realised with the administrative support from the city Versmold. The plot was bought by farmer Kölkebeck and the whole yard was built in 1948 within 64 days. The citizens of Hesselteich rendered enormous hand and clumping services, which was seen as normal up until the 1960s. These days this exceptional, dignified, and wooden graveyard with its own character was originated.
Shield No. 2