Closely related to the topic of education and learning is the impressive urban meeting centre ‘House Kavenstroth’ which is situated directly next to the secondary school. In particular, the community college of Ravensberg uses the building for lectures, seminars, and courses. The large inside yard of the building is often used for meetings and celebrations. ‘House Kavenstroth’ is one of those properties that were already mentioned in the Ravensberger rental of 1556. In the 1980s it was sold to the city from the then heirs, and following this it was rebuilt and restored impressively.
Shield No. 20