On the 26th of May in 1957 the ‘Paul-Gerhardt-Chapel’ was christened. This chapel was necessary to be build due to the huge distance to the ‘Petri-church’ in Versmold and also due to the lack of village community within Hesselteich. The building ground was provided by the village community itself. Substantial parts of the construction costs were raised from the population as part of a fundraiser. Additional hand and clamping services from the citizens of Hesselteich let the building of the chapel become a joint venture. From then up to now, church services from the protestant community take place in this chapel.
Shield No. 1